Education has received a key boost in recent years: online assessment platforms. Assessment platforms are effective ICT tools that enhance the learning process, foster collaboration, and improve communication.
Regardless of whether the training is online or mixed, evaluations will always have all the importance in the learning process. As a result, it is vital to know the different options you have when creating them.
Assessment platforms in education
Assessment is one of the essential aspects of the learning experience:
- On the one hand, good assessments and feedback are a decisive factor. They can determine the success of the development and progress of the students.
- On the other hand, an inaccurate assessment can create disadvantages. These can results in blockages that are hard to overcome
Thanks to the educational advances of recent decades, now we understand better the links between learning, assessment and feedback. Apart from students, teachers and professionals are also deeply concerned about the evaluation process. It’s not only an important part of their workload, but it also reflects their specific approach to teaching.
The introduction and increased availability of technologies has had an impact on education and, more specifically, on evaluation. From reduced assessment times and costs to individualized, automated testing and automatic feedback, digitalization has created a revolution in educational institutions.
And, in the context of greater inclusion and accessibility, technology has also created significant improvements for students who have struggled within more traditional forms of teaching. This creates the need for schools to consider the benefits of assessment platforms, which allow them to offer high-quality education while meeting objectives.
Benefits of assessment platforms for students
In addition to their incredible benefits for teachers, assessment platforms have great advantages for students:
- Provides immediate feedback tailored to the specific needs of each student.
- Does it not only provides accurate assessment results, but it also allows teacher to manually input notes and suggestions. In these notes, students can see where to look for more information or how to approach a problem.
- Improves student motivation.
- Increases access for students located far away and students with specific learning needs
- Provides greater freedom in how and when to take an assessment.
- Allows students to take practice tests before the assessment.
Transform your school with Pedagoo
Pedagoo is an assessment platform designed to help schools train and evaluate their students effectively and easily. Our platform combines different tools that work together to achieve these goals.
The result? Educational institutions can offer a fully customized education and assessment.
How does Pedagoo do it? Here are some of its main features:
- From paper to digital: Pedagoo is perfectly adapted to help schools in their digital transformation, either in a hybrid or fully virtual way. As a result, schools reduce enormous amounts of paper, but also the time teachers spend reviewing tasks and providing feedback.
- Tracking and analyzing student progress: Pedagoo offers tools that help monitor student development in an extremely transparent and intuitive way. You can track the results of individual students as well as an entire group.
- Monitor individual student performance: Our platform gives you detailed information about the amount of time each student spends on their assignments.
- Standardize assessments throughout your organization: Pedagoo can also help boost student progress across different schools, subjects, or between different teaching styles.
- Create different workflows for assessment. Standardizing assessments doesn’t mean everything is the same. In this way, our platform allows you to customize workflows based on the needs of a specific subject or teacher. For example, you can order the process of creating assessments through a variety of filters and review steps. In addition to that, you can define the users allowed to create assessments or practice material.
Do you want to know what tools Pedagoo uses to achieve these goals? Read here to find out!